Denmark’s Johan Jokinen was again fastest in the second day of Formula Two winter testing in Valencia, his morning time of 1min 26.106sec outpacing Britons Jolyon Palmer and Dan Clarke.
Clarke was fastest at the start of the session but slipped back as it continued, before grabbing second towards the end ahead of Palmer with a 1min 26.839sec that was one of only three laps inside 1min 27sec all day.
German teenager Kevin Mirocha, who contested six races in F3 Euroseries this year with a top finish of 13th, joined testing for its second day and leapt to the top of the afternoon timesheet with a lap of 1min 26.633sec after running only 10th in the morning.
It was more than enough to outpace Palmer, whose encouraging end to the season has continued into strong testing performances across the two days, and Clarke as the pair again filled out the top three.
Clarke, a veteran of British F3, Champ Car and A1GP, said on Twitter afterwards: “It’s been a good two days in the F2 car – P3 today. I’m impressed with this operation.”
Jokinen was fourth in the afternoon with Briton Jack Clarke again fifth.
The next stop for Formula Two will be Portimão, Portugal on 11-12 December for the second official winter test.
Formula Two Test, Valencia, day two:
- Johan Jokinen (DEN), 1:26.106
- Dan Clarke (GBR), 1:26.839
- Jolyon Palmer (GBR), 1:27.073
- Benjamin Bailly (BEL), 1:27.121
- Jack Clarke (GBR), 1:27.290
- David Rotar (SLO), 1:27.531
- Ricardo Teixeira (ANG), 1:27.676
- Benjamin Lariche (FRA), 1:28.021
- Jordan King (GBR), 1:28.057
- Kevin Mirocha (GER), 1:28.374
- Ramón Piñeiro (ESP), 1:28.400
- Richard Plant (GBR), 1:28.592
- Natalia Kowalska (POL), 1:28.870
- Kevin Mirocha (GER), 1:26.633
- Jolyon Palmer (GBR), 1:27.128
- Dan Clarke (GBR), 1:27.183
- Johan Jokinen (DEN), 1:27.226
- Jack Clarke (GBR), 1:27.272
- Benjamin Lariche (FRA), 1:27.316
- Benjamin Bailly (BEL), 1:27.739
- Ricardo Teixeira (ANG), 1:27.991
- David Rotar (SLO), 1:28.007
- Jordan King (GBR), 1:28.470
- Richard Plant (GBR), 1:28.836
- Natalia Kowalska (POL), 1:29.868