Superleague Formula unveils calendar changes
By LJ Hutchins
Thursday, March 25th, 2010
European circuits Monza and Oschersleben been dropped from this year’s Superleague Formula calendar as the result of a number of tweaks made less than two weeks before the season kicks off.
The calendar still includes 12 rounds and is still due to start on on the weekend of April 3 at Silverstone. The Brands Hatch round in August is also untouched.
But Italy’s round will be held at the Adria International Raceway in the Veneto region instead of at the iconic Formula One circuit of Monza in September while Portimao is also being substituted for Estoril as Portugal’s destination during that month.
Germany’s Oschersleben has been dropped from the schedule in favour of Los Arcos in Navarre, Northern Spain in October, bringing the number of Spanish rounds to three.
The season finale is still to be confirmed and may take place outside Europe. Here’s the revised calendar in full:
- Round 1: Silverstone, UK 3/4 April
- Round 2: Assen, Holland 15/16 May
- Round 3: Magny Cours, France 22/23 May
- Round 4: Jarama, Spain 19/20 June
- Round 5: Nürburgring, Germany 26/27 June
- Round 6: Zolder, Belgium 17/18 July
- Round 7: Brands Hatch, UK 31 July/1st August
- Round 8: Adria, Italy 4/5 September
- Round 9: Portimao, Portugal 18/19 September
- Round 10: Los Arcos, Spain 23/24 October
- Round 11: Jerez, Spain 13/14 November
- Round 12: TBC