F1: when to catch the Monaco Grand Prix in the UK
By LJ Hutchins
Thursday, May 22nd, 2008
Wondering what time to get yourself in front of the telly or radio for the latest round in the F1 championship? Here are the broadcast times for the stations covering the Monagasque Grand Prix in the UK (Ha! we’ve been looking for an excuse to use that word all day):
- Practice: Thursday May 22, from 9am, BBC Radio Five Live Sports Extra
- Race preview with Maurice Hamilton, David Croft and Holly Samos: Friday May 23, 9.30pm-10pm, BBC Radio 5 Live
- Live qualifying: Saturday May 24, from 12pm, BBC Radio Five Live
- Live qualifying: Saturday May 24, 12.10am-2.35pm, ITV1, video also available at http://www.itv-f1.com to UK users.
- Qualifying highlights: Sunday May 25, 9.25am-11.50am, ITV4
- Live race: Sunday May 25, 11.55pm-3.20pm, ITV1, video also available at http://www.itv-f1.com to UK users.
- Live race: Sunday May 25, 1pm onwards, BBC Radio Five Live
- Race highlights: Sunday May 25, 12.05am-1.05am, ITV1
- Chequered Flag Podcast available from BBC Radio here from Sunday evening
- Race highlights re-run: Monday May 26, 6pm-7pm, ITV4
Don’t forget that you can also now watch the GP2 sprint and feature races on ITV4 – note that BOTH are on Saturday this time out:
- Feature race: Saturday May 24, 10.25pm-12.10pm
- Live sprint race: Saturday May 24, 2.35pm-4pm
Find out more about the BBC’s coverage here, or ITV’s here. The race is also likely to be covered live on the BBC Sport website here, while F1 Fanatic will host another of its part live blog/part custom chat room extravaganzas.
And, following the success of our recent race live blogs, we plan to once again be in front of the TV with a laptop and a pot of tea right here at Brits on Pole – why not join us?