Our competition rules
On this page we set out the rules for competitions and giveaways offered on this site. These are intended as a general guide and should be read in conjunction with each individual competition page.
If you have any questions, please contact us – but if your entry depends on our answer, remember to do it in advance and to leave enough time for us to get back to you.
- All closing dates and times refer to the UK and are measured in GMT.
- Generally we accept one entry per individual unless the individual competition terms state otherwise. If there are age restrictions on entry they will also be stated on the competition page.
- Entries are accepted at the discretion of the site management, which is not liable for any entries not received, for instance due to a postal entry not being delivered or an email entry falling foul of a spam filter.
- Anyone (and this means individuals or groups) submitting multiple entries or attempting to spam the competition will be automatically disqualified and may find their future access to the site restricted.
- Entries made via third-party sites or forums, or using information specifically published for the purpose of entering our competitions on third-party sites (such as competition entry forums), may be rejected as invalid.
- Any information we ask for, such as name, address or email address, will be used for the sole purpose of administering the competition and will not be retained. The exception is if you have provided it for an explicit alternative purpose, such as newsletter subscription.
- It is our policy to publish the names and locations (but not the detailed addresses) of our competition winners so that other entrants can learn the outcome. By entering you agree to this condition.
- Winners will be notified by email as soon as practicable after the competition closes. Therefore to enter you will need to provide a functioning email address. If an email bounces and we cannot contact you then your entry will be judged invalid.
- We will need to receive a response to a winners’ notification within a timely period so as to be able to notify an alternative winner if it proves necessary. If we have not received a response to a winners’ notification within 72 hours then we reserve the right to select another winner.
- Unless stated explicity on an individual competition page, there is no cash alternative available to prizes and no alternative prizes.
- Please check each individual competition page to find out whether a competition is open to residents of a particular country. We endeavour to make them as accessible as possible but on some occasions, such as prizes including electrical goods, entry has to be limited for practical reasons.
- We will use a random selection method of our choice when picking a winner from a pool of correct answers and will endeavour to ensure that it is always completely fair and impartial.
- Our decision will be final and not subject to correspondence.
- Our competitions are governed by English law. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, a competition with or without prior notice due to circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control. This includes cases where we suspect that fraud is being attempted.
- Each individual competition page will clearly identify the company we are working with on a promotion and will include a route to contacting them.